We are very fortunate to have Nathan, Community Link Worker.
How can Nathan, our Community Link Worker help you?
The Community Link Project’s main aim is to bring together health, social care and voluntary sector professionals to work together and identify support for people who may feel lonely, isolated, fed up, unoccupied, looking for a social activity, hobbies or enjoyable form of exercise.
Nathan is available remotely to offer patients aged 18+, individualised, personal support and motivation. You may require personalised solutions for social, emotional or practical needs that will empower you to make improvements to your health and wellbeing.
We all have issues in our lives which may affect our health in some way. Nathan can help in the following ways;
- Motivate and improve confidence in support of emotional wellbeing
- Improve the management of your financial position.
- Work on a relationship.
- Provide access to a wide variety of services and activities provided by voluntary organisations and community groups throughout The East Riding of Yorkshire to support loneliness and isolation.
- Know where to go for information relating to social care, (you may be a carer for a loved one and need guidance to manage your own wellbeing, or just generally feel better about yourself.
- Support around organisations for benefits support, housing issues, loneliness.
- Support and guidance for those patients looking for social activities or hobbies if you have become socially isolated.
- General health & wellbeing guidance: stopping smoking, weight management, exercise and physical activity.
Community Link workers can spend up to an hour with you at each appointment and can meet as regularly as is necessary to help signpost and guide you to the right help, support and information.
Nathan also has access to Community Based workers that can support with home visits and they can also attend appointments as a buddy with a patient attending groups for the first time, as an example.
If you feel you would benefit from an appointment with Nathan, please contact the surgery on 01377 243055.
For further information on the Community Link Worker and Social Prescribing Project,
please click here